The pharmacological properties of propolis have been known for a long time - this bee product has powerful immuno-strengthening, anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, antiviral, fungicidal, antioxidant and anti-toxic properties.
Different types of propolis, however, differ in their biological activity, which depends on the type of bees producing the propolis, on its botanical and geographical origin.
Green propolis has a unique chemical composition: flavonoids (isosakuranetin, aromatendrin-4′-methyl ether), terpenes (bacharin) and phenolic acids (artepillin-C, caffeic acid, p-coumaric acid, ferulic acid). Due to the high levels of phenolic compounds in its composition, especially artepilin-C (Art-C), it is considered the highest class of propolis.
Artepilin-C (Art-C) exhibits numerous pharmacological effects: anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, gastroprotective and antiulcerative, antitumor, etc.
Combining thyme leaf extract with green propolis has a synergistic effect against respiratory infections in the throat area (pharyngitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis) due to the extended antimicrobial spectrum of the combination, which is effective against many strains of pathogenic bacteria, fungi and viruses. Thyme essential oil, rich in the antimicrobial monoterpenes thymol, carvacrol, linalool and 1,8-cineole, also has wound-healing, antioxidant and antispasmodic effects, counteracting the cough reflex by reducing the sensitivity of the muscles around the vocal cords and airways. Thyme also neutralizes the bad breath that often accompanies this type of infection.
Local application of green propolis in the oral cavity and throat provides a wide range of benefits:
- Exhibits a powerful antimicrobial effect on the mucous membranes and supports the protection against infectious diseases in the oral cavity caused by bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Relieves the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections (rhinitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, etc.) and reduces the risk of the inflammatory process moving to the lower parts of the respiratory system.
- In case of viral respiratory infections – reduces the risk of superimposition of secondary bacterial infection.
- It has a protective effect on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity in non-infectious factors, such as smoking and toxic damage.
- Alleviates the manifestations of oral mucositis, characterized by lesions on the oral mucosa in cancer patients treated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Supports the prevention and therapy of oral candidiasis, characterized by overgrowth of candida (C. albicans, C. glabrata, C. tropicalis, C. crusei) in the oral cavity
- Maintains oral hygiene and freshens breath.
Contributes to the normal functioning of the upper respiratory tract.
Hydrolyzed liquid extract of thyme and sage (85.79%), green propolis (9.31%), lemon juice, natural raspberry flavor, natural flavors.
Composition of a single dose (one spray):
- Green propolis - 7.92 mg
- Thyme - 0.892 mg
Composition of a daily dose (6 sprays):
- Green propolis - 47.5 mg
- Thyme - 5.35 mg
1-2 sprays 2-3 times a day. Shake before use.
Dietary supplement. Not recommended for pregnant, lactating and children under 12 years of age. Do not be used as a substitute for a varied and complete diet. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Packing: 20 ml